Saturday, September 25, 2010

white piped upholstered wing back chair

I fould this wing back chair in a local triftshop, it had such a sad look and the colour and fabrick were awfull, but i could see through it and imagined the beauty of this chair upholstered in black fabrick with white piping.
It took a few weeks before it was ready, but it was worth the wait, now the chair is in my office.
This is how the chair looked before:
and after:



Other inspiration:

source: 3 men and a lady








The inspiration came from:http://www.cococozy.com/search?updated-max=2010-09-07T06%3A37%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=10

p.s. my mom asked me if I knew why these kind of chairs have these 2 bulky parts on top of the chair. I told her that I thought it was for sleeping, so you could rest your head against it. But no, she told me that  the houses many years ago were not isolated and it was often cold and to avoid being bothered by the cold draft they designed them like they are.
Learning something everyday.



3 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I have a wing back chair that i may just get re-upholstered to look like that...black with white piping..so pretty! :)))))

Beau lifestyle said...

Dear Jen, Thank you for your comment!
I am very happy with the result.
Can't wait to see your wing back chair.

Unknown said...

I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.